Hello!

8 Comments

Mum claims she found a used syringe in the bottom of her baby’s new ugg boot.

The discovery has prompted an investigation at Warrawong’s Target store, reports Illawarra Mercury.

Mum of two, Suzi Meyer, purchased two pairs of ugg boots about midday, on Friday, for her daughters Ember, 3, and Raven, 1.

“I was just sticking my hand in to check for any filling some shops use for new shoes, and I felt what I thought was one of those plastic sticks they put in shoes to hold their shape,” Ms Meyer,told the Mercury.

“It was pushed right to the bottom of the boot.

“I pulled it out and looked at it and froze.”

Ms Meyer said the syringe’s pointed end was covered with a cap. A “residue” around the orange lid made her think it was used.

She said she didn’t notice its presence earlier because her daughter hadn’t tried them on in-store and the fluffy lining partially obscured her view of the boot’s interior.

“They are little ugg boots, so they are deep and fluffy,” she said.

“I didn’t think to check for a dirty needle. I will be from now on though.”

Ms Meyer said the company – which had sent a manager to her door to collect the boots and the syringe – was not to blame.

“I’m not wanting to put any blame on Target, they have been lovely about it,” she said.

“They replaced the shoes and gave my daughter a couple of little toys, which was very nice.

“They said they’ve done a sweep of the whole store and quality control would be contacting me.

“I simply want to put the word out for people to watch out and check the shoes.”

Ms Meyer called on whoever left the needle to “think about your actions”.

“Why would you do this to a small, innocent child?” she said.

“They could have hurt themselves and had something that could stay with them for them for the rest of their life.”

Well that’s concerning! Have you ever had a similar experience?

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook

  • i never have seen this happen before. it is scary for people to have to be concerned like that but very careless of the person who put it there!

    Reply

  • Concerning ! Thank God nobody got hurt/injured.

    Reply

  • This is frightening. I’m glad no one was physically hurt.

    Reply

  • wow a junkie who found themselves in target!

    I am glad that no harm was done to either of the children or their mum. Also hope target didn’t find any others and hopefully it was a one time incident.

    Maybe there needs to be more needle collection points accessible so this doesn’t happen again?

    Reply

  • I much preferred the Mercury’s account of the facts than the mums and I certainly don’t think the F word was necessary.
    This is very concerning though but just goes to show there are some real sicko’s around.
    So pleased none of the littlies were not harmed.

    Reply

  • A horrible experience for any one to go through!

    Reply

  • who does that? dirty junkies do. People on drugs are so out of their minds, so consumed with their addiction, not to mention the high, that they have no thoughts about anything or anyone else – your child’s safety means nothing to them… their safety means little to them… I don’t think Target is to blame but they could check the security footage from the store cameras and they might just see someone putting that needle into the boot… Scumbags.

    Reply

  • absolutely disgusting, how could anyone want to put a child at risk like that!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join