Mum issues warning after her toddler nearly choked on her PJ cord following a late night feed.
Qld mum of two, Anna, shared a warning after her 16 month old daughter, Emily, became entangled in the cord on her pyjamas after a night feed.
Posting to Facebook Anna wrote: “Urgent! I co-sleep with my 16 month old as I know many mothers do. Last night I was wearing the PJ’s pictured below.
The long decorative cord with tassel somehow got tangled around her neck as she finished her boobie and rolled away from me to sleep. In my drowsy state I almost didn’t realise what was happening.
Submitting your rating…
I’m cutting mine off before I wear these again. Please pay attention this is a genuine urgent risk.”
Anna told Mouths of Mums she is still very traumatised. “I’m quite paranoid about everything and then I let that happen! I’ll be criticised for sure.”
“It didn’t occur to me the string was so risky. This wasn’t a ‘possibly dangerous’ incident, this was the real deal, the cord was fully wrapped around her neck.”
Anna added, “I’m quite afraid for other babies of mothers who have clothing like this or even women falling asleep in hoodies with cords.”
After contacting the place of purchase a rep called and told Anna she would forward her complaint on but Anna said she sounded like she wasn’t that interested and just said “oh well, there shouldn’t be that many of these PJ’s out there because they’re seasonal.”
The important message is please be careful mums (and dads) of what you and bub are both wearing at night to avoid something similar occuring.
Share your comments below