Hello!

11 Comments

A mum has shared a warning to parents after a nasty experience with a popular Kmart light that exploded in her young daughters bedroom.

Sharing on Facebook the mum wrote, “PSA Announcement! My daughters neon flamingo just exploded. Glass did hit her in the head, but she is fine.

There’s glass everywhere though.”

She wants to warn parents to please be cautious. She added that it had only been on for a couple of hours before she went in to turn it off.

neon lightflamingo light

The product description reads:

Decorate your home with this quirky and cool flamingo-shaped light that gives out a neon gleam to add a warm touch to your interiors.

Made of glass (tube) and plastic (base)
For indoor use only
 
Warning: This is an electrical lamp, not a toy. Follow usage instructions carefully.

Many people advised the mum to contact Kmart urgently and let them know of the fault.

Have you had any similar issues with this product?

Share your comments below

Main image via Kmart

  • Does anyone really need this sort of thing?

    Reply

  • Oh no! I guess it’s time for a recall now.

    Reply

  • Thanks heaps for this warning mom…my son has the palm tree one in his bedroom.

    Reply

  • That’s so scary!

    Reply

  • Oh my goodness that’s really bad. How shocking that this neon light exploded, I’ve never been a fan of cheap lights. I’ve paid for expensive lamps and even those were not satisfactory so I wouldn’t bother with ones from Kmart. Glad to hear that your daughter is alright and not injured.

    Reply

  • Scary ! My foster kids got this one from their aunt and it broke, which is also scary as you don’t wanna have glass in the bedroom.

    Reply

  • Such a scary experience and I hope Kmart take the necessary measures in keeping the community safe.

    Reply

  • Thank you for the warning. Hopefully no children were given these as Christmas presents. I would definitely return it to Kmart for a refund. I would not accept a replacement. Hopefully Kmart will recall them.

    Reply

  • Have never liked neon lights. Glad her daughter was not hurt.

    Reply

  • Thank you for the warning.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join