Mum warns about the dangers associated with zip-up onesies after her three-year-old daughter was almost suffocated while wearing one to bed.
UK mum, Katie Price, shared her frightening experience on Facebook. It has since gone viral with over 30,000 shares.
“Parents who own these zip up onesie Jammies similar to this or the same, DO NOT put your child to bed wearing this,” she wrote.
“I’m so thankful Sophie decided to climb in my bed an hour ago because if she didn’t I don’t know what could have happened.”
Her daughter was wearing the pink zip-up onesie to bed. Katie explains her daughter went quiet and made a “strange noise”.
Turning around, she quickly realised she was “being choked by her onesie, the zip was too high on her neck and stopping her from breathing, she couldn’t even tell me or try and get my attention because she was suffocating.”
In an update she further explained how it happened.
“Just to Clarify for all those who are confused how this happened, she moved up, the onesie moved down at the back, the front tightened around her neck, with it being a zip, it got stuck and she couldn’t loosen it, which resulted in her airways being pushed against and strangled basically,” she wrote, adding, “Zips on onesies are dangerous for this. Just wanted to warn parents not realising how much this status would blow up. My daughter is 3, for those who are saying I shouldn’t put a BABY to bed in a onesie.”
“I will never buy these again. I’d recommend any parent out there with these to do the same. Who would have thought a simple onesie could almost kill a child!”
What a terrifying experience for them both! My youngest still loves his onesie at eight. He currently has a bunny one that he adores.
Do your children like to wear onesies to bed?
Share your comments below