Hello!

January 22, 2021

90 Comments

A concerned mum has shared a warning issued by her child’s school about the safety surrounding gel ice packs.

The school had sent home information about two young children who tried to ‘lick’ the contents of the ice pack because ‘it looked like jelly’ after the packaging burst open in their lunchbox.

‘May we please ask all parents not to use the gel ice packs as per the photograph,’ the school asked. Explaining, “we have had two burst in lunch boxes and kids tried to lick the gel thinking it was jelly.”

The Aussie mother said she was passing the warning along just in case other parents used them as well.

gel pack 2 gel pack

 

We have also shared a warning from a NSW mum who shared an important message about children using gel icepacks on injuries etc after her young son managed to consume some – read her story here.

Share your comments below

  • Don’t use these gel ones – they always were a worry to me.

    Reply

  • I only ever used frozen ice blocks or frozen drinks, never liked the look of those gel ones

    Reply

  • I have never use them.

    Reply

  • Thanks for the warning. We definitely use hard ice blocks in our home for lunches

    Reply

  • We always used the hard block ice packs rather than the gel packs. Thanks for sharing.

    Reply

  • Freeze drink bottles instead is an option

    Reply

  • You can get non toxic ones. I’m sure you still wouldn’t want your child to eat it though.

    Reply

  • Thank you for this information.

    Reply

  • I used to use an ice-brick in my kids lunch boxes. It actually came as part of the lunchbox and was the best concept ever

    Reply

  • Good to show awareness of this

    Reply

  • That’s where the good old frozen Zooper Dooper comes into play.

    Reply

  • I’ve seen this before, luckily mi kids are older & I always use the block ones never these type

    Reply

  • This is a good warning for parents of young children.

    Reply

  • Good idea but maybe also educating the kids about what it is and what is food in the box also

    Reply

  • Its good to make people aware as it would be easy for kids to get poisoned.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join