Hello!

12 Comments

Alison Johnson shared her terrifying story with Love What Matters to warn other parents of this dangerous cot setup.

Alison writes, “I have a lot of friends that have twins or kids close in age that may have a similar set up, so I wanted to share something VERY scary that happened today.

“This morning I put Caleb down for his nap. Shortly after he started to cry. After a few minutes, I went in to check on him. He had climbed out of his crib and was stuck between his crib and Libby’s crib. His body fit through, but his head wouldn’t. He was using every ounce of energy he had to hold himself up by his little arms. If they had given out, he would’ve just been hanging there by his head.

“What’s even more scary is that like many moms, I generally use nap time as an opportunity to shower. Had I done that today and checked on him after five minutes, he would have literally hung himself. When baby proofing, I never in a million years would have seen this as a potential danger.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Oates Microfibre Cloth Cleaning Kit 4 pack image for MoM Rate It Listing
Oates Microfibre Cloth Cleaning Kit 4 pack

Submitting your rating…

Please consider sharing this post in case someone you know may have a similar set up. It’s incredibly heartbreaking to think of what the outcome could have been today. I’m still totally shook up over it and don’t think the vision of him stuck there will ever leave my head.

“If you search on Google or Pinterest, almost all the inspiration photos are set up the way we had it with no warning. Even when researching about baby proofing, nothing is mentioned about this.

“I literally received 100’s of messages from other twin moms thanking me because they had their nursery set up the same exact way and have since changed it.

I feel 100% that by sharing our story we have saved a life, that’s all that really matters.”

Share your comments below

  • This could have ended up so differently. So glad she didn’t have that shower and that he is okay.

    Reply

  • Very scary! I never knew this could happen.

    Reply

  • Great post – hope it will be seen and acted upon by many parents.

    Reply

  • Most parents put cots close to walls too. When you think about it that can be dangerous too.

    Reply

  • I read a story exactly like this a couple of years ago. Very lucky she went to check on them.

    I would have thought putting the cots together would encourage them to play and not sleep haha

    Reply

  • A common set up indeed – how scary to be faced with such a situation. A good warning to all.

    Reply

  • What a scary experience and this is a warning message for everyone

    Reply

  • Thank God this mum checked on her kiddies and she’s able to send this warning around.

    Reply

  • so scary!!!

    Reply

  • Wow, I’m so glad she checked on Caleb when she did, and it’s a very good warning to other parents.

    Reply

  • So lucky she checked… And yes, this is such a common setup.

    Reply

  • Scaring experience for this mum. Luckily that she entered the room in time!!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join