Hello!

10 Comments

A mother has warned other parents not to buy this Hatchimals product after her daughter was left with chemical burns.

Jennifer Renee said her daughter Willow only sat in the bath for 30-45 seconds when her skin became inflamed, which was later diagnosed as a chemical burn rather than an allergy.

In a Facebook post in which she shared pictured of Willow’s injuries, Jennifer said: Do NOT buy this for your children! Followed directions on package and placed in her bathtub. Thought it would be fun for her because there was a toy inside.

hatchimal

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Oates Complete Window Washer product image for the MoM Rate It Listings
Oates Complete Window Washer

Submitting your rating…

Jennifer shared that her daughter was not holding the product and she has used multiple different kinds of bath bombs and never had this reaction, writes Daily Mail.

‘She has had these before and all different brands. I called the company and the batch number being investigated and is likely going to be recalled as numerous reports have been made (not all the burning reaction she got).

hatchimal 1

‘It is so easy for a person working in a factory to overdo the ingredients in a batch and just ignore it.

‘Went to the doctor this morning and it was in fact a chemical burn not a reaction. I am posting this just in hopes people will monitor closely. Everyone loves bath bombs. Lesson learned. All natural ones from now on.’

Her post has attracted over 130K shares.

Share your comments below. 

  • It appears the main ingredients are various types of salt + citric acid.
    The details of use for number 33 sound dangerous regardless of where they touch skin.

    Reply

  • It should be recalled, especially with multiple reports.

    Reply

  • Very scary- my daughter was wanting one of these for Christmas but we decided against it because of how expensive they are.

    Reply

  • I haven’t heard of this product, but it’s a good warning to other parents.

    Reply

  • poor kid! that is shocking! this product needs to be recalled

    Reply

  • ouch that looks rather painful, poor little thing I hope she feels better and has no scaring etc. – thank you for sharing these – I hadn’t heard of them before but I will make sure not to purchase any if I see them

    Reply

  • That looks very nasty indeed !
    Good choice to go for natural bodycare from now on. The skin is one of the biggest organs of our body. We don’t want to put nasty stuff in our body, same way we don’t want to put nasty stuff on our body.

    Reply

  • Poor girl. Burns are nasty. Hope she feels better soon.

    Reply

  • Another product that maybe should be recalled.
    All the very best to you poppet and hope you have healed well.

    Reply

  • This is so scary. Poor little one. She was really burned!!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join