Hello!

5 Comments

Mum issues a warning to baby wearing parents after a very close call in her kitchen that would have really harmed her baby.

Writing on Facebook to warn other parents, Molly Landis wrote: “I don’t normally post this kind of stuff or personal information but after sharing this story with close friends I am urged to share this story.

On Tuesday I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest.

Yes, this is horrible and painful but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am. As a new mum I often wear my sweet 4 week old in my wrap carrier (we know we all love being hands free especially with a needy babe)..on this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby because for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen.

The worst of my burns is to my chest- exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier.

The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies! Since this happened I have had so many mums say “omg, I do that all the time” .. we never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn’t near the explosion.”

Her post below has had nearly 20,000 shares.

That is so scary! It is definitely something to keep in mind when wearing your baby around the home.

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook

  • I hope this is broadcast on public affairs programs and on radio as a warning to other Mums…and…. Dads. Even if the Mum is only talking and no vision of her shown if that’s what she prefers.

    Reply

  • Those are really nasty burns! Luckily indeed that the baby fell asleep in the swing!
    I wish her a speed recovery!!

    Reply

  • So lucky she wasn’t holding the baby,hope she has a quick recovery.

    Reply

  • holy moley poor woman!!So lucky bub was sleeping elsewhere!

    Reply

  • Wow, how blessed she was baby wasn’t being worn, a timely reminder for us all!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join