Hello!

24 Comments

A horrified mother has revealed the terrifying moment she discovered her 18-month-old daughter swallowed a dummy in her sleep.

Stacey Willett, from Queensland’s Mackay, said the family only realised little Aurora had ingested the plastic product after they found it in her nappy the next morning, reports Daily Mail.

Speaking to 9News about the ordeal, the mother said an x-ray found just a minor scratch and tear on her toddler’s intestine.

‘The doctor said it’s eye-opening to think that something was made with a big plastic piece to not go down the baby’s throat, can go down the baby’s throat,’ she said.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Image of Nando’s Lemon & Herb Marinade
Nando’s Lemon & Herb Marinade

Submitting your rating…

Warning to other parents

“I have three other children and nothing like that has ever happened to us before,” she said.

Relieved when she found out Aurora was going to be okay, the Andergrove mother said she was keen to make other parents aware what could happen.

“I just want to warn other parents to be careful because it can happen and it did happen,” she said.

How terrifying!  One very lucky little girl by the sounds of it.

Share your comments below

  • How lucky that nothing more untoward didn’t happen to this little child.

    Reply

  • Not sonething you would expect to happen. I thought they were increased in size to avoid this kind of thing happening

    Reply

  • I wouldn’t give a gun as BD present either, but to be honest i don’t understand why this mum is so furious. It’s just a gift. When you don’t like the gift that is given, then you just take it away and bring it to Vinnies or whatever. How can another mum know what you like or dislike, unless she’s a close friend ?

    Reply

  • Very lucky little girl.

    Reply

  • You would think dummies are safe but glad she’s ok

    Reply

  • Wow! How lucky she passed it and didn’t choke in her sleep!

    Reply

  • I am so please that the child is fine and well. So ironic how babies/children can make things fit in places that we as adults think is impossible.

    Reply

  • Wow this story is so very hard for me to get my head around . So glad all’s well though.

    Reply

  • Scary! But lucky it passed through without any issues. They might not have even realised she had done it until something bad happened!

    Reply

  • omg how scary!!!

    Reply

  • What? How is that even possible? Apparently it is though, I’d be pretty horrified too to find that in a nappy.

    Reply

  • Wow, how did this little baby not choke? I’m so pleased to hear she is okay.


    • This story still shocks me – considering some poor tots have choked on smaller things. Indeed a wonderful miracle.

    Reply

  • wow I thought they were made big enough that a child could not swallow them. Good warning to other parents incase this happens again.

    Reply

  • I would have never have thought it possible – luckily she was okay!

    Reply

  • Wow and oh my goodness – such a horrific find. Glad the little one survived this incident.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join