Hello!

10 Comments

Chrissy is a busy mum that like most of us gets caught up in hectic day to day life. After a recent scare she wants to remind others to take the time to make sure your home is safe.

Chrissy shares a recent scare she had at home on her Facebook Page Chrissys Organic Foods.

THIS HAPPENS …
Woke up this morning to see this!!!
I have 3 young children and they are my life !
If this power point was turned ON this could of been the end of my little Laney girls LIFE!!!
Our whole world would of been tipped upside down and everything that we have achieved IN LIFE would of disappeared !
I looked at these power points 2 weeks ago and thought ” I need to do that ” and to look down and see this morning has taken me 2 steps back!
PLEASE EVERYONE remember place the power point covers on all your power points!
Don’t think “oh they are so annoying to take out all the time though “
JUST DO IT !
I am looking at my little girl now and I am thanking God that the power point was off !
AND SHE IS STILL HERE WITH ME!!
thank god for every day we are alive and please smile….
Every minute we are sad, angry, sooky or moody is a minute we never get back !
Pull through every day and SMILE
AND THAT IS A ACHIEVEMENT IN ITS SELF.

I have just found out that we have a safety switch !
And that would of gone off so Laney would of been ok !
But still be on the safe side ! Always have protectors !

Very lucky indeed!  Have you ever had a similar experience?

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook

  • My first-born got into everything possible & nothing was child proof with him. He put a screwdriver into a power point but thankfully I caught him in time, he also pulled the vacuum cleaner’s electric cord out of the wall while the vacuum was in use & thankfully the safety switch kicked in when it shorted. He also got into the laundry cupboard while I was getting the washing inside & had a taste of the floor cleaner detergent which he decided did not taste very nice. He got past child locks on anything he set his mind to & it was 20 years ago when child locks were still very basic but never underestimate what they can do because my other son drank almost a whole bottle of children’s pain relief… so much for child proof lids on medicine bottles. As much as we try we can’t have our eyes on them every minute of the day so use child safety items as much as possible.

    Reply

  • We had baby who was crawling poke at a power point when they were visiting. His Mum was in the toilet and I thought he had followed her. I yelled “No” andf went and picked him up immediately. The frist time we went shopping after that we bought some power point covers. Yes they are pain to pull out, but I don’t care about that. I’ve got them in every low powerpoint.

    Reply

  • Oh my! So scary indeed! Really important to spread the message!

    Reply

  • so pleased that everyone was safe, but good reminder for everyone to check their homes.

    Reply

  • We have covers on all our power outlets and a safety switch.

    Reply

  • a timely reminder to be vigilent.

    Reply

  • we have covers but fear it won’t be long before our boy figure it out, too smart for his own good

    Reply

  • Before our first was born, we got the fuses rewired (effectively a safety switch) and put covers in every power point.

    Reply

  • Very lucky no one was harmed. A great reminder to everyone

    Reply

  • It was lucky no-one was harmed especially the children.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join