A UK mum is desperate to spread the word about the dangers of jelly shoes after her two-year-old son suffered serious injuries to his feet.
Holly Marie Wright shared her warning on Facebook saying, “My Kaiden only has trainers so I thought I would treat him to some nice summer items and I found these cute little shoes so I brought [sic] them,” Holly wrote on Facebook.
“I put them on Kaiden to walk to the shop (the local shop is only about three mins away) and I thought everything was fine he wasn’t complaining or anything he was his happy self.”
It wasn’t until they were walking back Holly realised something wasn’t right.
Submitting your rating…
“He started screaming and crying and refusing to walk on his feet and then I seen [sic] all the blood he was in so much pain.
“I ran home and tore the shoes off him to find they had cut up all of his feet.”
“He was in agony, his feet were swollen and the straps dug into his feet. His feet are still swollen now and he will have scars, I’m fuming,” Holly told Birmingham Live.
“They are kids’ shoes, they shouldn’t do this.
“I bought the sandals for my little boy for his feet to breathe. I didn’t expect them to do that.”
Some commenters have said that unfortunately that is what happens with jelly shoes when they get hot and you should always wear socks.
Share your comments below