Police have confirmed that they do not think the death of a previously missing Victorian man is suspicious.
Daniel O’Keeffe was last seen by his family in their home in Highton, near Geelong, in July 2011.
Various media outlets have reported that Daniel’s father, Des discovered the buried remains of his son beneath the house on Monday.
Police have confirmed the gruesome discovery and are awaiting the results of a post-mortem, DNA and forensic tests to confirm the remains belong to Daniel.
They have also confirmed that they do not think the death is suspicious.
“The current circumstances surrounding the death are not considered to be suspicious but a thorough investigation is being conducted to determine the cause of death,” Victoria Police said in a statement last night.
The O’Keefe family also released a second statement yesterday saying how overwhelmed they are by the community love and support over their five-year search for Daniel.
“Our family is devastated with the news that the search for our beloved son and brother has ended this way,” they said. “All of your thoughts, wishes and prayers are a huge comfort to our family as we come to terms with our tragic loss.”
Image source: FacebookWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.