Hello!

10 Comments

THE ACCC has issued an urgent recall of a popular, potentially deadly Finding Dory toy.

The Finding Dory Under the Sea Light Up Treasure Chest has been pulled from Big W shelves across the country.

The ACCC said on its website the toy’s battery compartment may not be securely fastened which may expose button batteries.
“If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they may suffer internal burn injuries, which can result in serious illness and even death,” the ACCC said.

“In addition, the batteries may pose a choking hazard to young children.”

The recall was issued on Wednesday 10 August.

Customers are urged immediately cease using the item and return it to any BIG W store for a full refund.

dory recall 1
Identifying features

Barcode number: 9312475986804

Other: 407/986804
What are the defects?

The battery compartment lid may not be securely fastened which may expose button batteries.
What are the hazards?

If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they may suffer internal burn injuries, which can result in serious illness and even death. In addition, the batteries may pose a choking hazard to young children.
What should consumers do?

Customers should immediately cease using the item and return it to any BIG W store for a full refund.
For further information please direct all calls and any queries concerning this recall to Hunter Leisure between 8:30am & 5pm, Mon-Fri on TOLL FREE – 1800 099 178 FREE or by email on recalls@hunterleisure.com.au Hunter Leisure Pty Ltd – 94 Keilor Park Drive, Tullamarine, VIC 3043.

recall dory

 

Finding%20Dory

Share your comments below.

Image via shutterstock

  • thamks for posting this here on your website, i hadnt seen this anywhere else.

    Reply

  • Oh no, scarey stuff. Those little button batteries can do so much damage when little ones swallow them or poke them in holes where they shouldn’t be poked. Hopefully everyone who bought one will hear about this recall

    Reply

  • Never saw this toy, but good to spread awareness and warnings !

    Reply

  • I hope no one is harmed as a result of this faulty toy.

    Reply

  • Thanks for your article,there needs to be a recall in case a child swallows a botton battery.

    Reply

  • Thanks for posting the recall notice on this product – an important community notice.


    • Hope those that bought this product see this recall.

    Reply

  • Was this product not tested properly before putting on the shelves?

    Reply

  • The openings of toys with button batteries should be closed tightly with tiny scrws that can only be opened with a screwdrvier suitable for a tiny philips head screwdriver.

    Reply

  • That’s a pretty scary flaw!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join