- Serves 1
- Makes 1
- 2 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
These little 1 minute lemon and coconut cakes are so much fun (and perfect for when you feel like a little treat and don’t want to cook a whole cake)! Have fun with flavours – the sky’s the limit.
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 mug cake)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Lemon or Lime squeezed to juice
- 3 tbsp Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Coconut (dessicated or shredded)
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Combine all ingredients into a coffee cup, small cup sized ramekin or microwave safe little bowl and stir well with a fork. Ensure the mixture fills no more than 2/3 of the cup/ramekin or bowl (so it doesn't overflow).
- Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute on high power (based on 1200 watt microwave).
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and gobble up as is or add cream or ice cream on top (your choice how naughty you want to get). ENJOY!
- If you are cooking more than one 1 minute mug cake at a time, you will need to increase the cooking time.
We've been making these for years now - although I had to ban them for a while because the kids and I were going crazy and having one each a few nights a week. Double, triple or quadruple the ingredients if you want to make a soup bowl full of cake!