- Makes 18
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
Kid friendly fun, minimal ingredient and most importantly yummy short bread cookies!
Ingredients (makes 18 Cookies)
- 250g Soft Butter
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees, and line two flat baking trays.
- Whisk the butter in a mixer on high until light in colour and fluffy, around 5 minutes. Sift the flour and sugar together, and gradually add to the butter on a low speed until just combined.
- Optional - Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool. Using a rolling pin, or your hands, flatten to 5mm and cut into desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray, and cook for 15 minutes, or until starting to lightly brown on the edges.
- Cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar, or whip up a quick icing mix. Decorate the cookies, or eat with a hot tea or coffee!