- Makes 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A yummy sliced based on the same ingredients as Anzac cookies.
Ingredients (makes 24 squares)
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 150 grams butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
Notes... To make an even richer slice you can use dark brown sugar instead of brown sugar and/or treacle instead of golden syrup. This will change the flavour but is a nice twist.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a slice pan.
- Mix the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a big bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup until smooth and combined. Will take around 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small jug combine the bicarbonate of soda and water.
- Add the bicarb mix to the butter mix and this will start to bubble and froth. Add to the flour mix.
- Stir until well combined and then spoon into your slice pan. Press gently until even.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan and then cut into squares.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.