Craving crispy apple pie? Well you can have the next best thing in under 20 minutes!
Ingredients (makes 2 jaffles/toasties)
- 1 large Apple, cored, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 sheet Puff pastry, thawed
- Place water and sugar into a saucepan with the apple, and gently bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and cook the apple for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain away liquid, and place onto paper towel to eliminate most of the moisture
- Cut the puff pastry into halves and place one piece onto your jaffle maker that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the apple evenly over the pastry (leaving a slight boarder around the edges so it can seal) and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the other piece of puff pastry over the top of the apples, and carefully close the lid. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or ice cream/ cream/ custard if you wish to
Can be eaten hot or cold