- Makes 1
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A delicious and easy dessert! Great with custard!
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 250 g softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour (we used gluten free)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 small tin pie apricots (or you can use fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a rectangle cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Add the pie apricots to the bottom of the greased tin to cover the bottom.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.