- Difficulty Easy
Longer days and the wonderful sun shining in my garden, showing signs of new growth, entices me to make more salads.
This fresh and flavoursome Asian Prawn Salad Recipe is delicious on its own or excellent when used as a filling for fresh, pan-fried paratha rolls. This Asian Prawn Salad Recipe also makes a wonderful side salad for a barbecue or lunch with friends or family. Seafood is a great way to get your Omega-3 nutrition, and always a tasty addition to any meal! Just ensure you’re buying quality seafood products that have been sustainably sourced – look for the MSC Certified Sustainble Seafood blue label.
Special Equipment: Mastrad V-blade Mandoline
Ingredients for this Asian Prawn Salad Recipe
- 2 large carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 large cucumber, end trimmed
- 1/2 red onion
- 150g bean sprouts
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 500g cooked tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined, tails intact
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 birds-eye chilli, finely chopped (optional)
How to make this Asian Prawn Salad Recipe
1. Cut the carrots in half and, using the Mastrad V-blade Mandoline on the thin julienne blade setting, slice the carrots. Place them into a large serving bowl.
2. Cut the cucumber in half and, using the Mastrad V-blade Mandoline on the v- shaped slicing blade setting, slice cucumber into ribbons. Stack ribbons onto each other and cut ribbons lengthways (optional), before adding to the serving bowl.
3. Slice the red onion using the Mastrad V-blade Mandoline on the v-shaped slicing blade setting. Add the red onions, sprouts, coriander, mint and prawns to the serving bowl and toss to combine.
4. Place all of the dressing ingredients into a small screw top jar and shake to combine. Drizzle over the prawn salad recipe and toss.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy this Asian prawn salad recipe!