- Makes 2
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Ingredients (makes 2 large trays)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup popping corn
- 60g butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- 1 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- Salt flakes
Notes... For more Baby Shower inspiration head to www.babylove.com.au/babyshower, which includes everything new mothers or friends of expectant mothers need to throw a fun baby shower. The hub includes content related to party theme ideas, food and drink recipes, decoration tips, digital invitation templates and fun games
- Arrange large sheets of baking paper over oven trays. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200 fan forced).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the popcorn and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook shaking the pan regularly for 4 minutes or until the popcorn has popped. Spread the Popcorn over the baking trays, discarding any unpopped corn.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the butter, honey, golden syrup, sugar, vinegar, star anise, cinnamon stick and ground spices.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until the sauce is glossy and thickened. Remove from the heat and add the bicarb, stir well to combine.
- Quickly drizzle the caramel lightly and evenly over the popcorn. Using large metal spoons, toss the popcorn through the caramel to coat. Discard the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until deep golden colour, turning over the popcorn about half way through the cooking to evenly colour.
- Tips: The caramel is very hot and can be sticky, take care while tossing through the popcorn. Keeps well for 2 days in a sealed container.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.