- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
A great way to get the kids to eat zucchini.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 2 Bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 3 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 Potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 5 Eggs
- 1 packet Maggi Tasty Cheese Sauce Mix
- 1/4 cup Milk
- To taste Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in large, heavy based frying pan. Add the onion and bacon and cook for two minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the potatoes and basil.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the sauce mix and milk and beat until the mixture is smooth. Season with black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cook over a moderately low heat until the eggs are set and the base is golden brown but the top is still moist. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve as a side or main.
Can use another cheese sauce if preferred. I sometimes add spinach in from the frozen section or sundried tomatoes if I'm serving to a more grown up audience.