This is a great way to hide veggies if your little ones are not too keen to eat them!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g Fusilli (spiral pasta)
- 1 Medium size Brown onion sliced
- 1 Large Carrot grated
- 1 TBSP Plain flour
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 Cups Soy milk
- 1 Cup grated cheese (tasty or any stringy type)
- finely grated nutmeg
- 2 cubes Preserved ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tsp seasalt
- Pre-heat oven at 200C degrees. Cook pasta in large pot according to instructions on the pasta packet. Drain and keep aside. Saute onion and carrot with 1 TBSP of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add to pasta and combine evenly.
- In a small saucepan, add flour to 1 TBSP olive oil, when the flour turn slightly brown, add milk a little at a time, whisk till you have a smooth sauce without lumps, add salt and nutmeg, half a cup of cheese. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Add cheese sauce to pasta, transfer to a large baking dish, spread the remaining cheese to cover pasta, dot sliced ginger over. Bake in centre rack of oven for 20 minutes or till golden. Serve with salad.