- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This is a great way to hide veggies if your little ones are not too keen to eat them!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g Fusilli (spiral pasta)
- 1 Medium size Brown onion sliced
- 1 Large Carrot grated
- 1 TBSP Plain flour
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 Cups Soy milk
- 1 Cup grated cheese (tasty or any stringy type)
- finely grated nutmeg
- 2 cubes Preserved ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tsp seasalt
- Pre-heat oven at 200C degrees. Cook pasta in large pot according to instructions on the pasta packet. Drain and keep aside. Saute onion and carrot with 1 TBSP of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add to pasta and combine evenly.
- In a small saucepan, add flour to 1 TBSP olive oil, when the flour turn slightly brown, add milk a little at a time, whisk till you have a smooth sauce without lumps, add salt and nutmeg, half a cup of cheese. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Add cheese sauce to pasta, transfer to a large baking dish, spread the remaining cheese to cover pasta, dot sliced ginger over. Bake in centre rack of oven for 20 minutes or till golden. Serve with salad.
A fairly simple recipe. If you prefer to use the traditional tomato pasta sauce instead of cheesy sauce, go right ahead, it will taste just as delicious as this one. The preserved ginger adds a twist to the dish, and it will warm your heart on a chilly night too.