- Serves 4
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This delicious barbecued beef with lentil salad is only 8 ProPoints value per serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600 gm lean beef eye fillet, fat trimmed
- 400 gm can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 80 gm sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (40g) baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over high heat. Lightly spray beef with oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned, then reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 6–8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer meat to plate, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Place lentils, red onion, tomatoes, spinach and parsley in a medium bowl, mixing well to combine. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze, tossing gently to combine. Serve barbecued beef with lentil salad.
You can use 400g shredded skinless barbecued chicken instead of the barbecued beef eye fillet. This recipe will then have 7 ProPoints values per serve. Add the shredded chicken to the lentil salad, tossing gently to combine.