I used to cook this Osso Bucco in a saucepan and it took about 2-3 hours. But using the pressure cooker, it was ready within 1 hour! The meat is so tender and goes well with both pasta and bread.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 pieces beef osso bucco (or 8 pieces veal osso bucco)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 400g can crushed tomato
- 1cup beef stock
- salt & pepper
- Lightly coat beef in flour, shake off excess. Add 1 tbsp of oil into the inner pot of All-in-One Cooker. Press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press START. Cook beef in batches until evenly browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add rest of oil, press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START. Cook onion, carrot and garlic until onion softened. Add tomato paste and herbs and stir through. Stir in wine, tomato and stock, then return beef to the pot
- Seal lid, cook on MEAT/POULTRY in Pressure cooking for 35 minutes, Press START. (or SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 8 hours)
- Discard bay leaf and serve.