- Serves 8
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Black Forest Tim Tam Cake is a delicious dessert for those nights when you feel like something comforting and cosy.
Watch the MoM LIVE video below!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 packet Black Forest Tim Tams
- 1 tin Pitted Cherries in Natural Juice
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 150g Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced)/180C (non fan forced)
- Place the cherries and the juice into a small saucepan and add the brown sugar. Place on a low heat and allow to simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl (with an electric mixer or in a food processor) combine butter and sugar and whip until light yellow in colour and light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla essence and mix on a medium speed for 1 minute.
- Change the mixer to low speed and add the milk and flour, mixing until just combined. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once during mixing.
- Check that the liquid with the cherries is starting to thicken up into a syrup consistency. It may need an extra few minutes of simmering to reduce to a syrup.
- Lightly butter the edges of an ovenproof dish (round or square with a diameter of approx 25 - 30cm.
- Chop the Tim Tams into chunks.
- Once the cherry syrup is a little thick, spoon 3/4 of the cherries into the base of the dish.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the Tim Tam chunks on top of the cherries.
- Pour or spoon the cake mixture on top of this.
- Poke the remaining Tim Tam chunks and cherries into the top of the cake mix and then drizzle the remaining cherry juice over the top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.