Coconut milk can be substitute with soy milk.
Ingredients (makes 1 Chiffon)
- 5 Egg yolks
- 35 gr Sugar
- 30 gr Corn oil
- 110 ml Coconut milk
- 1/3 tbs Salt
- 65 gr Black glutinous rice flour
- 35 gr Flour
- 1/2 tbs Baking Powder
- 5 Egg whites
- 85 gr Sugar
- 1/3 tbs Cream of tartar
- Mix egg yolks, sugar and oil together. Add in coconut milk and salt. Combine flour, Black glutinous rice flour and baking powder. Sift directly into the yolk mixture. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Egg whites into a clean bowl, beat on low speed until it froths. Add in cream of tartar and continue to beat at high speed until soft peaks. Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Pour batter into remaining egg whites and fold until well combined.
- Pour batter into a clean pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes with 180 degree.
- Remove cake from oven immediately and invert to cool down completely before removing from pan and slicing.