- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 19 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 4)
- FRUIT FILLING
- 200 grams dried figs, quartered
- 150 grams dried apricots
- 100 grams sultanas
- 100 grams pitted dates, roughly chopped (approx 5 dates)
- 100 ml Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup
- 400 ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 100 grams plain flour
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 grams hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 grams silvered almonds
- BLACKCURRANT YOGHURT
- 300 grams Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan-forced).
- Place dried fruit, Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup, water and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins, until plump.
- Transfer to a greased 20cm oven proof dish.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble topping. Put the flour, oats, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a bowl, rub together with your fingers into a crumble texture. Add in the nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Place crumble over the top of the fruit mix and baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until brown.
- Carefully remove the breakfast crumble from the oven, and set aside to cool slightly whilst you make the blackcurrant yoghurt.
- Mix 1 Tbsp Barker’s of Geraldine Lite Blackcurrant Syrup to 300 grams of yoghurt until fully incorporated.
- Evenly dish out the blackcurrant breakfast crumble into 4 bowls and serve with blackcurrant yoghurt.
This recipe is courtesy of Barker’s of Geraldine and Anathoth Farm.