- Serves 2
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This pizza is a lighter meal because of the use of pita bread instead of a heavy dough base.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 wholemeal pita bread
- 1 small sweet potato roasted skin on, then remove skin, tear flesh by hand
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 Corella pear core removed, and thinly sliced
- 10g Blue cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 dessert spoonful of pasta sauce
- basil leaves to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Place the pita bread on pizza pan, coat evenly with pasta sauce.
- Top with onion, capsicum and roasted sweet potato (you can prepare roasted sweet potato ahead of time by cleaning the skin, then oven roast it for 20~30 minutes, cool a little, then cut length wise, remove skin and tear flesh in long strips and put on top of pizza bread).
- Add mozzarella cheese, and bake in oven for 5~8 minutes or until cheese turns golden. Core and slice Corella pear to add to the cooked pizza, dot blue cheese cubes around and sprinkle basil leaves. Serve.
I have some left over blue cheese and the gorgeous corella pear from a party, so they went into a pretty simple adult-version pizza. Please don't add the blue cheese and pear to the baking, you wouldn't like the result if you did!