The Breakfast Nourish Bowl combines poached eggs, avocado dressing & kale pesto to create a nourishing start to the day.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed baby leaves (micro sorrel, parsley, coriander & radish leaves) Any salad leaves will work.
- 100g brussel sprouts thinly shaved, reserve a few leaves to garnish
- 1 cup crunchy sprout combo
- 1 small carrot julienned
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- 25g roasted almonds
- 25g roasted cashews
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup baby kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10g finely grated parmesan
- 1 avocado roughly shopped
- 3/4 cup Natural Greek Yoghourt or Greek Low Fat Yoghourt
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kale Pesto: Pulse nuts & garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add kale & oil, pulse till smooth paste. Add parmesan cheese & salt & pepper. Pulse until just combined.
- Avocado Yoghourt Dressing: Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Make kale pesto & avocado dressing. Place baby leaves, brussel sprouts, crunchy sprouts, carrot & seeds in a bowl. Toss to combine. Dress the salad with 3-4 tablespoons of the avocado & yoghourt dressing. Poach eggs in a pot of water with the white vinegar. Gently break the eggs into the water. Cook for approx. 3 minutes, or until whites are set & yolk is still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon & drain on paper towel. Divide salad between serving bowls, top with eggs & avocado. Drizzle with kale pesto & a little more of the avocado dressing.