- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A dish both kids and grown ups can enjoy.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 cups Pre-boiled chicken fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 Carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/3 Cup Sweet peas
- 1 Cup Button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Cups Evaporated milk
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3 Slices Cheese
- 3 Cups Steamed rice
- 1 Cup Corn kernels
- In a saucepan, melt butter and saute onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, milk and chicken broth then stir constantly until smooth.
- Add sweet peas and carrots then cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken, corn, salt and pepper then continue cooking until it thickens and begins to bubble.
- Place steamed rice on an oven dish and top with the above mixture. Place cheese slices above and baked for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Optional: You can use pasta instead of rice. Cook pasta as directed and top with the mixture and bake.