- Serves 4
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
A tasty & creamy chicken dish which is sure to please young & old.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams Kipfler potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 teaspoon Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 Single chicken breast fillets
- 400 grams Asparagus, trimmed
- 6 slices Prosciutto, chopped coarsely
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Whole grain mustard
- 300 mls Cream
- 1/4 cup Coarsely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees celcius.
- Combine potato, pepper & oil in a large bowl, mix well. Place potato in single layer on oiled oven tray, roast uncovered in oven for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, heat large lightly oiled frying pan, cook chicken in batches until browned both sides. Place chicken in single layer on oven tray,roast uncovered in oven with potatoes for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken & potato from oven, cover & stand for 5 minutes, slice chicken thinly.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender, drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook prosciutto in same frying pan, stirring until just crisp. Remove from pan, cover to keep warm. Add garlic to pan, cook, stirring over low heat until fragrant. Add wine, bring to boil. Boil, stirring until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Add mustard & cream, bring to a boil. Boil, stirring until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in chives.
- Divide asparagus among serving plates, top with potato, half the prosciutto, chicken, sauce, then remaining prosciutto.
I found this recipe in The Australian Women's Weekly 50 fast chicken fillets. I prefer to steam the asparagus rather than boil or microwave.