This chicken and chickpea tagine is a warming hearty dinner which will be enjoyed by the whole family!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch saffron
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest finely grated
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium high heat, cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato, stock, chicken, apricots, cumin, cinnamon, saffron and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Seal the pressure cooker. Place over high heat until steam escapes at a constant rate and there is a regular hissing sound. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 minutes. Release steam following manufacturer's instructions.
- Add olives and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with couscous or rice and lemon wedges.