This delicious Chicken and vegetable risotto has been created by Zoe Bingley-Pullin, leading family nutritionist, who has been appointed as the new Nutrition Ambassador for Only About Children – one of Australia’s leading childcare companies
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 300-500g chicken breast (omit for vegetarian)
- 1-2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup mushrooms, flat, button and/or brown
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 1 onion, skin removed
- 2 cups 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock salt reduced
- 1 bunch 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees, toss chicken breast with olive oil and bake on a lined baking tray for 15-20 minutes until cooked, shred with a fork.
- In a food processor add the mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, celery, garlic, onion and olive oil and blend until coarsely chopped.
- In a saucepan, sauté the mixture until soft approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and 1 ladle of hot stock and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Keep slowly adding all of the stock until the desired consistency is reached. Once cooked add the parsley.