These Chicken party pies are an easy child friendly pie filling that won’t take too long or bust the budget.
Ingredients (makes 24 24 party pies)
- 6 Chicken legs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Medium sweet potato, grated
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 Head celery
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- 2 sheets Short crust pastry
- 1 cup Cream
- 2tbsp Cornflour to thicken
- 2tbsp Light soya sauce
- To taste Salt, pepper, cumin & coriander
- Coat chicken legs in flour & fry in a large heavy based pot until half cooked, throw in onion and garlic, cook until it is half done.
- Add a cup of water or enough to just cover the chicken, reduce the heat and simmer, add in soy sauce and remaining vegetables except for the celery tops, simmer for approximately 30 minutes on a moderate heat.
- Once the vegetables have softened remove the chicken legs and strip the meat from the bone, dice and return to the pot with the celery tops. Season and stir through cream.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water to form a paste and stir into filling. Remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- Line a mini muffin tin with short crust pastry rounds, use a glass with a slightly bigger diameter than the pan hole to make even circles. Fill with filling and top with a round of puff pastry, brush with a little egg wash for golden pastry! Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden!
You can also use this recipe to make larger pies for the whole family!