An easy chicken dinner to whip up mid week with a good serve of veggies in it. If you like your sauce creamier or have kids that fuss about greens, puree the spinach sauce in step 5.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
- 250g frozen spinach
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Defrost frozen spinach.
- Pour flour into a bag and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat. Remove and shake off any excess flour - put in a bowl.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a frypan. Fry chicken until golden brown. Remove and put aside.
- Cook spinach in the chicken stock in a small saucepan for about 5 mins.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to frypan and sauté garlic briefly. Add spinach and stock, nutmeg and garam masala and simmer for 2 mins.
- Stir in the sour cream, then return the chicken to the pan and simmer gently until the sauce thickens (about 2-3 mins).
- Serve with rice.