- Serves 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This chilli lime and mint chicken maryland is a weekly favourite in our house. The great thing is that chicken pieces (especially when bought in bulk packs) are quite cheap and the marinade is easy to make in minutes.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 1 small Lime (or lemon is fine if you don't have lime)
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves removed from stems
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 kgs Chicken Pieces (or any cut of chicken really)
Notes... Who would bother buying store bought flavours for your chicken when you can make this Chilli Lime and Mint Chicken Maryland with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
- Peel the garlic and onion and roughly chop.
- Roughly peel the lime or lemon leaving some of the skin on the fruit.
- Roughly chop all other ingredients and combine all ingredients (except the chicken) in the bowl of a large food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles the consistency of a salsa.
- Trim excess skin from the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel. Combine the chicken and the marinade in a large bowl and mix well to ensure all chicken pieces are well covered. Cover well or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 - 12 hours.
- Spread the chicken pieces onto a sheet of baking paper on a large shallow tray and cook at 180 degrees celcius (fan forced). Increase temp to 190 degrees if your oven is not fan forced.
- Check and rotate the tray every 15 - 20 minutes. After 30 - 35 minutes, flip the chicken pieces to ensure even cooking and browning. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 - 30 minutes. If you prefer to use the BBQ, use a lower temperature and use a hooded BBQ if possible to help the chicken cook through without drying out.
- Check the thicker chicken pieces are cooked right through to the bone by pulling the meat back from the bone with a sharp pointed knife.
- Enjoy with all sorts of salads. Or if you've used breasts, thighs or tenderloins they are beautiful on burgers with a fresh slaw!
Recipe Chilli Lime and Mint Chicken Maryland
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.