- Makes 40
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Chocolate Tortes are sweet addictive cakes that the whole family will love. Growing up as a child I fondly remember my mum making them and the house smelling simply divine of vanilla and rum. You may substitute walnuts for any other nut, or you may mix ground chocolate with ground biscuits for the filling. Bon Appetit.
Ingredients (makes 40 Cookies)
- 300g Plain Flour
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Ground Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 150g Ground Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Rum Essence (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 100g Apricot Jam
- 375g NESTLE BAKERS CHOICE Dark Chocolate Melts
- Mix all the ingredients together for the dough (flour, butter, caster sugar, ground walnuts and vanilla essence)
- Roll the dough out with the assistance of a rolling pin
- Cut out round shaped dough with the assistance of a small round cookie cutter.
- Line 2 trays with baking paper and place the cookies on the tray.
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Leave cookies to cool.
- Make the walnut filling by grounding 140 grams of walnuts and combining them with 100 to 200 grams of apricot jam, add rum essence to the mixture. It gives it that delightful zing.
- Spoon the mixture on one round cookie and stick it to another, continue this process until all cookies have been done.
- Place in the fridge so the filling tightens, 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt 375grams of NESTLE BAKERS CHOICE MELTS in a pan.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate ensuring all sides are covered and place on a tray covered with bakers paper. Continue this process until all cookies have been covered. You may place a walnut or an almond on each cookie.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours.