A spanish inspired cous cous which can be a meal in itself or a side dish.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Cous Cous (I use Pearl Cous Cous)
- Chorizo (as much as you like), sliced
- Pumpkin (I use left over pieces), cooked and diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- chopped parsley
- Fry off the chorizo and onion.
- In the frypan add the cous cous and chicken stock and simmer for around 10 minutes or until the cous cous is tender.
- In a large bowl put the cous cous, chorizo and onion mixture. Add the pumpkin pieces.
- In a small jug make the dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce and sesame oil by whisking together to combine.
- Add the dressing and parsley and toss together to combine.