- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This Creamy Chicken Koftas is a creamy Indian dish which the whole family will enjoy. The flavours are mild enough for everyone from the youngest family members through to the grandparents.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400 gms Chicken meatballs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, finely cut
- 2 Tomatoes, finely cut
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger/garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Thickened cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 5 sprigs Coriander leaves, cut finely
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan on medium heat and add the chicken meatballs and fry till browned all over. Remove into a dish.
- In the oil left in the frying pan fry the onions, tomatoes and ginger/garlic paste till the onions become translucent, tomatoes soft and the oil separates. Then add the cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and fry till they give a fragrant aroma (about 2 minutes). Then add the cream and water and stir till mixture comes to a boil. Gently lower the fried chicken meatballs (which were kept aside) into the gravy and on a moderate heat cook them for another 8-10 minutes till the gravy thickens. Add the coriander leaves, salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.
For older kids who can tolerate hot food, some chill powder or fresh chilles and garam masala can be added whilst cooking. An extra amount of oil can be used if all the oil has been used up during the frying process in Step 1. This dish tastes better the next day after cooking as the chicken meatballs (koftas) absorb more of the gravy and it thickens when kept in the fridge. It can be eaten with rice or rotis.