A creamy Indian dish which the whole family will enjoy
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400 gms Chicken meatballs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, finely cut
- 2 Tomatoes, finely cut
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger/garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Thickened cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 5 sprigs Coriander leaves, cut finely
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan on medium heat and add the chicken meatballs and fry till browned all over. Remove into a dish.
- In the oil left in the frying pan fry the onions, tomatoes and ginger/garlic paste till the onions become translucent, tomatoes soft and the oil separates. Then add the cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and fry till they give a fragrant aroma (about 2 minutes). Then add the cream and water and stir till mixture comes to a boil. Gently lower the fried chicken meatballs (which were kept aside) into the gravy and on a moderate heat cook them for another 8-10 minutes till the gravy thickens. Add the coriander leaves, salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.