- Serves 6
- Makes 20
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
These dairy free chia pancakes are a slightly healthier option for breakfast or even school lunchbox snacks (minus the nuts on top).
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 20 )
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (optional)
- 1.5 cups Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Almond/Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour (wholemeal SR flour optional)
- 1/4 cup White Chia Seeds
- Combine all ingredients into the large bowl of a food processor.
- Blitz on low until combined (approx 30 seconds).
- Increase speed to medium/high and blitz for a further 1 minute.
- Allow mixture to rest for 10 - 15 minutes before cooking pancakes.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey, golden syrup or rice malt syrup and a sprinkle of toasted slivered almonds and toasted shredded coconut.
These dairy free chia pancakes are a huge hit in my house and the kids actually notice if the chia seeds aren't in the mix! I think they love the little bit of crunch the chia seeds add. If you want to go sugar free you can substitute the brown sugar for rice malt syrup or agave syrup. They aren't technically sugar but given this recipe only calls for 1/4 cup and I use brown sugar, I don't worry too much. Enjoy!