- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This risotto is an alternative to the traditional time consuming risotto! A quick, easy dinner idea that is great for the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 litre stock (vegetable / chicken)
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 1/2 pumpkin (cut and diced)
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- bunch sage
- 100 grams pancetta (or bacon)
- sprinkle parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Chop onion and garlic and fry off in an oven proof dish on high heat. Add in pumpkin and stir in rice.
- After 5 minutes, add in stock and stir. Place lid on pot and place in a 180 degree pre heated oven.
- Once rice is cooked and stock has been absorbed stir together and stir in cream. Pumpkin will no longer be formed and will create a creamy texture.
- In a separate fry pan, place the pancetta and sage with some oil and fry off until crispy. Serve up a bowl of the risotto with some crispy pancetta and sage and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
To give this a mummy and daddy touch - we had a dash of white wine and stir in some blue cheese. Makes a massive delicious difference.