- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Delicious Sunday morning breakfast designed to get the whole family out of bed and at the table. The buttermilk and self raising flour create thick, fluffy pancakes that will fill up those ravenous teenagers faster than the usual thin pancakes will. Serve liberally with fruit and ice cream and keep that leftover sauce to drizzle over your dessert!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk (can substitute regular milk)
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200 grams Toblerone
- 1 1/2 Cups Thickened Cream
- 2 Cups Assorted Fruit of Preference
- Canola Oil Spray
- Optional Ice cream and Icing Sugar
- Sift all flours and sugar into a bowl.
- Add bi carb soda, buttermilk, vanilla essence & eggs and whisk briskly until a smooth consistancy with no lumps.
- Heat hotplate to medium temperature. Spray with Canola Oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture onto the hotplate. When an even spread of bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, use a spatula and flip to cook the other side, removing to plate when completely cooked.
- Repeat step 4 until all batter is cooked. Ensure hotplate is sprayed with oil for each new batch.
- While pancakes are cooking, chocolate sauce can be prepared. Break down Toblerone to small lumps into a microwave friendly container.
- Add thickened cream and place in microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir until a smooth consistancy. If there are lumps, place back in microwave and heat for a further 15 seconds.
- Serve pancakes in stacks of 3 with fruit, ice cream, and icing sugar as desired. Chocolate sauce can be poured over top or served as a dipping sauce. Icing sugar is best shaken over top from a sifter.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.