- Makes 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 4 Ingredients
It is a natural probiotic. You can naturally ferment jusy about any vegetable. Super healthy and you will know if it hasnt fermented properly due to contamination by a funky smell or any signs of mold. Super easy to do follow the recipe you almost cant go wrong and its a natural probiotic and super healthy
Ingredients (makes 2 2 litres)
- 1 small white cabbage finley sliced
- 1 small purple cabbage finely sliced
- 3 carrots finley sliced
- himalayan salt about 2tbs, approx 1 tbs per kilo of vegetables
- Decore the cabbages and rinse then finley slice. aswell as the carrots.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the appropriate amount of salt on the vegetables. toss and then cover the bowl with glad wrap and let sit for approx 30minutes.
- Using your hands massage the vegetables together to squeeze juice out. Fill your cleaned jars and using a suitable implement pack and ram the vegetable as tightly as you can into the jar forcing any air bubbles out. Leaving atleast 2cm of juice above the vegetables , either by adding some of the juice that leached from the vegetables or by topping it up with clean water. place the lid on the jars tightly. and place on your kitchen bench protected from the sunlight for atleast three weeks. the time will vary depending on the temperature but youll know when theyre ready when they have a nice sour pickle smell..
Make enoguh to fill the jars you have on hand.