- Serves 4
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A hearty, slow roasted, Five Spice and Hoisin marinated duck breast with cherries on top.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 duck marylands
- 2 tbsp. Chang’s Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 24 large cherries
- Combine all ingredients except duck and cherries in a large, ceramic bowl. Add the duck marylands, stirring to coat well. Cover marinade, and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Place marylands skin side up in a baking dish with the marinade, including cinnamon. Add one cup of water, and cover dish with foil.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 170 degrees. Remove foil, and add cherries to the baking dish, making sure they are covered with liquid. Cook for a further 20 minutes to crisp the duck skin.
- Transfer a Maryland portion and six cherries to four, shallow bowls and serve with steamed Asian greens and rice or noodles.