Batten down the hatches: The cold is coming! It’s getting chillier and chillier and generally that means Flu season is upon us.
It’s commonplace these days to work hard to prevent sickness in your family with extra doses of Vitamin C, lots of garlic, berries with loads of antioxidants and of course, yummy soups to warm the soul and keep us comfy.
At Baby Bistro, we work with kids and kids foods – and kids don’t find a garlic clove that exciting! So we’ve developed a fun, yummy and easy flu-fighter in the form of a gummy bear!
Ingredients (makes 15 Gummy Bears)
- 6 Twinnings Lemon and Ginger teabags
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 80g Gelatin powder
- Add tea bags to 500ml boiling water, allow to steep for 5 mins before discarding the bags. Stir in honey.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over the surface, allow to sit for 30 seconds then whisk vigorously until gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Stir in 500ml cold water then pour into a 38x25cm baking tray. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to set.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the jelly, then use the tip of knife to gently lift the jelly sheet out. Use cookie cutter to cut out the gummy shapes, then serve immediately.
- Store any uneaten gummies in the fridge.