This frangipane and raspberry tart recipe was developed by @ironchefshellie.
Ingredients (makes 1 Tart)
- 225g Plain flour (for pastry)
- 150g Unsalted butter, chilled and chopped (for pastry)
- 2 Tbsp Pure icing sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp Chilled water
- 100g Unsalted butter (for filling)
- 100g Caster sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 50g Plain flour (for filling)
- 75g Ground almonds
- A couple of drops of Almond extract
- 8 - 10 tsp Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- MAKE THE PASTRY - add flour, butter and icing sugar in a food processor, and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water. Process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to rest.
- Turn the pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out to a 3mm-thick rectangle. Line a round or rectangle fluted tart tin, with removable base, with the pastry. Trim any excess. Prick the base with a fork. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Cook for a further 7 minutes or until golden. Turn oven down to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- FOR THE FRANGIPANE FILLING, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, ground almonds and the almond extract.
- Spread frangipane filling over the base of the pastry case and add teaspoons of Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam over.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is golden.