- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Note: For the coulis I used the below berries as I have a berry garden and these are the varieties I grow but feel free to use what ever berries you like, the choice is yours entirely and any is berry delicious.
As for the fruit salad the same omission or inclusion applies, simply use the fruit you most prefer.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 Kiwi fruit, skin removed
- 2 Peaches, skin removed
- 2 Nectarines
- 2 Plums
- I Pear
- 1 Apple
- 1 Banana, added just before eating
- icing sugar or lemon juice, to stop fruit browning
- BERRY COULIS
- 1 cup berries, (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & boysenberry)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Into a large serving bowl, cut fruit into small pieces. Leave the banana till the very last (just before serving up). Sprinkle with a little sifted icing sugar and toss, repeat again. Note: for those who do not want sugar, simply squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- BERRY COULIS: Bring the water and caster sugar to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the berries and lemon juice and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Purée the mixture until smooth.
- Serve the fruit salad into individual bowls (remembering to add the cut up banana) and drizzle with berry coulis. Top with a strawberry.
- Enjoy the delicious delights of nature.
Please enjoy the sweet fruits of nature ...it really is BERRYDELICIOUS indeed. :-)