A easy, yet tasty variation to traditional lamb roast. Slow cook for more intense flavours. A great use of seasonal autumn vegetables.
- 1.5 kg Boned Lamb Roast
- 6 Fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 per person Asparagus
- 2 large Kumara Kumara, peeled, chopped to boil.
- 1 Fresh lemon, squeezed and grated rind
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Rub 1 crushed garlic clove and rosemary onto lamb. Salt and pepper to taste. Put 4 whole cloves on a prepared baking tray, place Lamb Roast on top of garlic, laying remaining Rosemary on top of lamb, cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Place peeled kumara in pot of boiling water, cook till tender. Blanch Asparagus in water with Kumara, 5 minutes. Remove Asparagus, set aside.
- In a pan heat butter, garlic glove, squeeze of lemon juice, tsp lemon rind and a dollop of honey, sauté asparagus until cooked but still firm. Remove lamb from oven, set aside to rest. Drain cooked Kumara, mash with butter, salt and pepper.
- Slice Lamb. Place mashed kumara on plate, followed by sliced Lamb. Lay asparagus on top of Lamb. Drizzle with liquid left in pan from Asparagus. Serve immediately. Enjoy.