- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A easy, yet tasty variation to traditional lamb roast. Slow cook for more intense flavours. A great use of seasonal autumn vegetables.
- 1.5 kg Boned Lamb Roast
- 6 Fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 per person Asparagus
- 2 large Kumara Kumara, peeled, chopped to boil.
- 1 Fresh lemon, squeezed and grated rind
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Rub 1 crushed garlic clove and rosemary onto lamb. Salt and pepper to taste. Put 4 whole cloves on a prepared baking tray, place Lamb Roast on top of garlic, laying remaining Rosemary on top of lamb, cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Place peeled kumara in pot of boiling water, cook till tender. Blanch Asparagus in water with Kumara, 5 minutes. Remove Asparagus, set aside.
- In a pan heat butter, garlic glove, squeeze of lemon juice, tsp lemon rind and a dollop of honey, sauté asparagus until cooked but still firm. Remove lamb from oven, set aside to rest. Drain cooked Kumara, mash with butter, salt and pepper.
- Slice Lamb. Place mashed kumara on plate, followed by sliced Lamb. Lay asparagus on top of Lamb. Drizzle with liquid left in pan from Asparagus. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Recipe Garlic and rosemary lamb roast with mashed kumara and asparagus
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.