These Ginger Snap Biscuits are to die for (and they won’t hurt your waistline). Whip some up today!
Makes 20 -24 biscuits
- ½ cup raw buckwheat
- 3/4 cup oats
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup dates
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (depending on taste,
- can replace with minced ginger or vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees and grease a baking tray.
- In a small heat proof bowl place dates, golden syrup/honey, ginger, and cinnamon, pour over boiling water and allow to soak. While dates are soaking, use a mix stick or food processor grind raw buckwheat and oats into fine flour. Place buckwheat flour into a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place date mixture, including all liquid, into a food processor on high until a smooth paste forms. Add date mixture to flour and mix well. Mixture may seem dry at first but after thorough mixing should come together as a thick, moist dough. Roll mixture into tablespoon sized ball, press flat and place on the baking tray (if dough not thick enough add more oats). Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 – 20 mins.
*Note, these biscuits can be left raw and enjoyed as a non-bake bliss ball.
This recipe is from The Kids Menu Healthy Lunchbox Guide, the ultimate e-book for creating healthy, delicious lunchboxes for children of all ages.