- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Sometimes we need a simple fave for the evening meal. Pizza definitely works, but buying takeaway is often disapointing. It is good to know that you can often improvise and create a delicious home made pizza with the ingredients in your fridge. This recipe can be as versatile and creative as you like. It is the herbs and spices which elevate the humble pizza to a gourmet family feast
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 4 small wood fired pizza bases
- 100g ham shredded
- 100g salami shredded
- 100g diced cooked meat such as chicken , steak or lamb
- 1/4 cup de pipped kalamata olives
- 1 tblspn italian spaghetti herbs
- 1 tblspn pesto
- 1/4 cup pizza cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tomtatoe sliced and diced
- Sprinkle ham, salami, cooked meat, kalamata olives, tomato, on the pizza base
- Crack the egg and place in the centre of the pizza base. With a knife carefully prick the egg yolk and spread a little over the pizza base with the knife.
- Sprinkle the italian spaghetti herbs and cheese on top. Place in a preheated hot oven @200degrees for 10 -12 min depending on the thickness of your pizza base on a pizza tray.
I usually stock up on gourmet wood fired pizza bases and keep some in the freezer for those last minute meals and nights i am just out of energy and time to cook a full meal.